Ricotta Spinach Pasta Dish
Enjoy this fun and delicious version of a traditional lasagna dish! A family favorite of our Board Member and Recipe Author Daniela Cadavid, DDS.
For the ricotta
- 1 block of tofu drain if possible
- 1/2 cup of nutritional yeast
- 1 lemon / 1 limón amarillo
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of dry basil
- 1 tsp of oregano
- 1 tsp of pepper
For the pasta
- 1 bag of frozen spinach
- 1 jar of marinara sauce
- 1 box of short pasta it can be lentil, gluten free, regular whichever you want
Elaboración paso a paso
- Preheat the oven at 350F.
- Blend all the ricotta ingredients in a food processor.
- Thaw the spinach in a big pot with ½ cup of water.
- Once thaw remove as much water as possible and combine with the ricotta.
- Boil water and place pasta, undercook pasta a little bit since you are going to place it in the oven later.
- In an oven safe dish put a layer of marinara sauce, then a layer of your pasta, then a layer of the spinach ricotta mix. Repeat until no more pasta left.
- Finish with a layer of marinara sauce and nutritional yeast. Optional cashew cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven, at 350F for 30 min until bubbly. Let it rest for 5 min and serve.