I love this recipe because it is so easy and quick and I can eat it before going to work in the morning. The fact that I can do it overnight, gives me more time in the morning to get ready and not be rushing around thinking on what to have for breakfast. Also the fact that is so delicious and healthy gives me a great start of my day. This pudding keeps me satisfied and energized throughout the morning. I hope you find it as easy and enjoyable as I do.
- 3 tbsp of chia seeds
- 1 cup of any plant based milk
- 2 tsp of maple syrup or agave
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder optional
- Strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, hemp seeds, coconut shaving, nuts, and flax seeds
- The night before add the chia seeds, milk, maple syrup, and protein powder in a bowl. Mix to combine. Let it sit in the refrigerator overnight.
- Next morning, add your favorite toppings.
- The protein powder I usually use is ‘Epic” vanilla flavor
- I like the consistency very thick, if you want a thinner pudding, add more milk.
- For the toppings you can use whatever you want, these are my favorite toppings so I always use them.
- For the milk, I usually use almond milk, but any type of vegetable milk should work just fine
Daniela Cadavid, DDS is a general dentist in Santa Barbara, CA who believes strongly that ideal dental health is directly linked to a healthy lifestyle, which starts with proper nutrition. She, along with her family, enjoys the benefits of living plant-based. Daniela is fluent in both English and Spanish, and is more than happy to spread her passion for plant-based nutrition with the Santa Barbara community.