The Benefits of Plant-Based
What is whole-food, plant-based and how can it help me?
Whole food plant-based eating is a way of eating that has been shown to dramatically reduce your risk for a range of chronic diseases. This lifestyle emphasizes the consumption of fruits, vegetables, nuts, legumes, seeds and whole grains, omitting animal-based products such as meat, fish and dairy. Added oils are also avoided or minimized for optimal health.
How can adopting a plant-based lifestyle help me?
Whole food plant-centered eating patterns have been associated with:
- Prevention, better management and/or potential reversal of many of the leading causes of chronic disease and early death including heart disease, certain cancers, type 2 diabetes, Alzheimer’s, digestive disorders, autoimmune diseases, and obesity
- Reduced blood pressure and lowered cholesterol
- Lowered healthcare costs and system strain
- Longevity and reduced risk of premature death
- Increased energy, improved digestion, enhanced sleep, and a healthy immune system
- Save money on food costs… and more!