The Benefits of Plant-Based
What is whole-food, plant-based and how can it help me?
Whole food plant-based eating is a way of eating that has been shown to dramatically reduce your risk for a multitude of chronic diseases. This lifestyle emphasizes the consumption of fruits, vegetables, nuts, legumes, seeds and whole grains, omitting animal-based products such as meat, fish and dairy. Added oils are also avoided or minimized for optimal health.
How can adopting a plant-based lifestyle help me?
A plant-based or plant-predominant lifestyle has the potential to help you to:
- Lower cholesterol and reduce blood pressure
- Maintain a healthy and sustainable weight
- Reduce risk for heart attack and/or stroke
- Prevent and possibly reverse type 2 diabetes
- Improve insulin sensitivity for type 1 diabetes
- Reduce risk of some cancers, including gastrointestinal colorectal, breast and prostate
- Support brain health and reduce risk of Alzheimer’s Disease and dementia
- Reduce the need for medications
- Increase energy and enhance sleep
- Support immune health
- Improve digestion and overall gut health
- Save money on food costs… and more!